For this post, I was inspired by two people: Sakura and Wendy. I had read Sakura's post and it flashed back to when MySpace questionnaires were cool; don't lie, we all know we had the best time doing them! Then shortly after, Wendy told me that I came off as a very private person through my blog and Instagram - ha!, so I thought it might be fun to do something like this for people that are curious.
Here we go!
1. I was born and raised in Tokyo, Japan. Moved to Seattle when I was 18 to attend undergrad in Washington.
2. I am bilingual. I speak, write and read in both English and Japanese.
3. I have a younger brother that works in aviation engineering.
4. The only game I play on my phone is TsumTsum.
5. I collect key cards from every hotel I stay at and write down the dates/places visited on the back.
6. Contrary to belief, even though I left my corporate life, I have a job I do from home (click here for my tips on working from home!).
7. My last 6 years was spent in the hospitality business. Before that, I worked in the airline industry, law enforcement, and high fashion.
8. I love "alone time". I recharge by being alone and rarely feel lonely.
9. My Grandfather lives in Seattle and is a retired Army veteran. He's one of my favorite people in the world.
10. I live for California fall and winter but nothing can beat Pacific Northwest summers.
11. My parents took me on so many trips when I was growing up that I had a span in high school where I despised traveling! Obviously that went away :)
12. My world revolved around tennis all the way through college. My entire family plays competitively. I also played hockey (goaltender & center) and baseball (catcher).
13. A relationship that ended badly snapped me out of dependency and made me a fearless, fiercely independent person who I'm proud of.
14. I have my Bachelors in Forensic Linguistics, Criminology and Japanese. I also have my Masters in Hospitality Management.
15. One of my best friends used to be my assistant.
16. I don't care what anybody says. I loved living in and still love Detroit. #LGRW (Props if you know that hashtag!)
17. My favorite foods are yakitori and donuts (you'll see donuts quite frequently on my Instagram).
18. I can fill out a baseball scorecard.
19. I'm a planner freak and guilty of spending too much money on Etsy for Erin Condren stickers.
20. I used to have a wine blog.
21. I danced (hip hop and jazz) for several years.
22. I attended an International School from kindergarten through high school and wore a school uniform for 14 years.
23. I love, love, love topical comedians. My favorites are Key & Peele, Daniel Tosh and Kevin Hart.
24. I can quote Scrubs all day long and my friends call me Elliot.
25. I owe my life to my first car; when someone drove into me at 75mph, the back half of my Subaru Forester got smashed and I didn't even have a bruise.
Well, I hope you got a kick out of reading some random things about me. If you end up doing this yourself, please leave me a link - I would love to check it out! If you want to know why I started this blog, click here.
Until next time!